Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A Long Weekend Ahead

It's been a few days since I've blogged. I leave tomorrow with my boss for a conference. Won't be back until sometime Saturday night. Lots of dorky fun seminars to go to. It's gonna be great! I love being a dork when it pays off in the form of getting to go to fun stuff like this with other dorks. So I'll be away from the computer until Sunday so my 1 loyal fan will have to survive without a blog until then...Sorry.

In other news, I think I've found an apartment. It's small...okay, really small. But the rent is cheap, it has nice features, it's a nice area, and it's not a terribly long drive in to work. Right now, I think I need to concentrate on getting back on my feet financially. So I'd rather save some money with a small apartment than pay another $50 bucks a month for a little more space. There's nothing that says I can't move into a larger place at the end of my lease (although I'd rather stay put in 1 place, it'd be better to save the money now & move later if I want to). It has the bathtub requirement covered...& it's a newer one so it's not all gross from 30 years of use. Newer appliances too. I haven't signed a lease yet, but I think I'll take it if I when I pass the credit check & all that fun stuff. It's a cool place. Grocery store basically across the street, public library a block or so away. Easy access to the highway. And their working on updating one right now, so I couldn't move in for a month or so, which is fine - gives me something to look forward to without feeling too rushed. And it gives me some more time to get some savings built up for those first few months of rent payments. So we'll see. If I get it I'll be really excited!!! I can't wait to have my own space again. I've been lucky in the sense that I've had some great roommate experiences (& even luckier in the sense that I still get along with all but 1 of my old roommies...sometimes there's nothing like living together to ruin a perfectly good friendship). So I'm glad for my roommate experiences. But it's just time to have my own place for a while. I loved it last time! Can't wait to love it again!

So I guess that's it for now. I need to get packing for my trip this weekend. I'll blog some more on Sunday if I'm too tired. Sunday Quote Blogging may be all you get this weekend. Have a great & responsible St. Patty's Day everyone!!!!

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2005 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conragts on finding an apartment Ruth! That's totally awesome! :)

 
At March 21, 2005 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be good without the extra space....between work, the man, and outside activities--how much time will you really be spending there?? Not much more that eating and sleeping. And we all know that having a nice clean little home is better than a big ugly place. Plus, every penny you save on an apartment is just another penny you'll have when you decide to buy your first home :)

~~~Shannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home