Saturday, June 25, 2005

Some Like It Hot...

And some have a job outside in the hot where they get to sweat buckets. Yeah, that's me. Working on the boat when it's this stinking hot is miserable. (And yes, believe me, it is "stinking hot"! Come stand within 5 feet of me after a day like today on the boat if you don't believe me... you'll be begging me to shower I promise.) I know this job is my choice & I do enjoy what it is that I do. But it's hard when it's this damn hot...staying hydrated alone is almost impossible...asking a person to actually move about & work ropes seems like cruel punishment. Throw in keeping a pleasant attitude to talk to the public with ~ if you can manage to accomplish all three of those things, you've got yourself a miracle my friends!

Enough bitching though. Oddly enough I somehow did manage to keep a positive attitude on the boat today. It's amazing how that works sometimes. In other but related news, I applied for the manager job at work. After all of the "I want it" and "I don't want it" moments, I decided (at the last minute) that yes, it is worth applying for. And so I am officially in the running for the Historical Programs Manger job. Of course, I plan on keep you all posted regarding the outcome.

Last night I went to dinner with my parents, grandma & our neighbor. We were celebrating my parents 28th wedding anniversary. We went to a nice upscale place and had a great meal. And for a change, it was actually a pleasant evening. It's amazing how much moving out can improve a relationship with one's parents.

Well, my brain is pretty fried so I'm going to crash on Randy's futon & enjoy some Calvin & Hobbes comics. I have another hot day on the boat to look forward to tomorrow, so sleep will come early tonight I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home