Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Summer Heat 101

Holy crap is it hot! And out of nowhere! High of 92 today - and my air conditioner that came with my apartment doesn't seem to be in working condition. The fan works fine, but it's just pumping out warm air. I'll have to make a stop by the office & get maintenance on that. I don't know how long I can take this heat with some sort of AC comfort...Especially if I'm spending all day at work out in the heat & humidity.

Nonetheless, here I sit at my desk, window open, blinds closed to keep out the sun & thus more heat, drinking my second cup of coffee. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. What can I say - the coffee addiction is strong. Maybe I should think about cutting back in this heat. A sip of coffee followed by a huge gulp of ice water. Fighting addiction to warm beverage with ice water.

Went to Cedar Point yesterday with Randy & a couple of guys from work. It was a perfect day for it! The weather was awesome (a little warm sure, but not raining or too windy). A good call to go this early in the season on a Monday. We walked right on to the majority of rides. Our longest wait was about 20-30 minutes. We hit all of coasters in amazing time! And Matt managed to escape the day without an incident involving law enforcement. Sometimes it's the small victories in life! :-)

I think I've managed to recover from my panicky attitude I managed to fall into at work the past 2 days I went in. Things just seemed to overwhelming again & it was a challenge to look at things realistically & keep a positive attitude. But I think the time off I've taken this week has helped me refocus & regain some of the confidence in my abilities to do this Interim Manager thing for as long as I need to. I'll start working on updating & revamping my resume today to turn in my application for the position later this week. Whether or not I get the position shouldn't really matter. The fact that I have a chance to update my resume & get some more experience interviewing will be a good thing for me regardless.

1 Comments:

At June 08, 2005 3:20 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

So it sounds as if you've decided to go for the position :0) I'm proud of you and I know you'll be great in that position! Best of luck! Hopefully none of my bad apt manager kharma will float over to you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home