Saturday, December 10, 2005

Another Saturday

...& I ain't got nobody.

Okay, so that's sort of a random Cat Steven's quote, but with the mood I'm in right now, it works. Just got a call from Sal, and figured I'd fit in a quite post before I leave for Movie Night. I'm kinda surprised movie night is a go this weekend...guess I just figured that everyone was out of town for the big house-warming party at David & Elizabeth's. I'm very happy that I was wrong. My initial plans for the evening included lounging around the apartment in PJ's watching Hockey Night in Canada & having a couple of beers. Exciting stuff. Now it seems I can actually have some semblance of a social life instead. How cool is that?

What's up with me only posting once a week lately? That's weird. I've been really busy lately it seems. Work is crazy busy. The end of the quarter coming up & lots of projects need to be finished in the next week & a half. I ran a meeting earlier this week at work. It was kinda a brainstorming session to help me get some input for one of my huge projects. But I put together a pretty sweet Power Point presentation & ran a kick ass meeting. Got lots of positive input & compliments about my presentation. I rock!

Last night was my Christmas Party for work. I somehow ended up sitting at "The Grown Up Table" while all of the seasonal crew was at the next table over. But it was great time all the same. I had a huge yummy dinner! & a couple of drinks too since I wasn't driving myself home.

What else to tell. My christmas shopping is about finished. I'm heading home tomorrow to visit with the parents & get some more gifts purchased...& take advantage of some free laundry of course. I'll be making a boat load of cookies in the next few weeks. I have some people who I want to give gifts to, but either don't have the money for gifts or just don't have the slightest clue what to get them - so it's cookies they will get!! I'll be a little busy baker. But at lease the oven will help my apartment nice & toasty!

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, I finally heard back from the job in Findlay. Yep. Got my rejection letter in the mail on Thursday. Gotta love that. But hey, at least I had an interview! The more practice the better right. I'll keep looking, but at least my current job has significantly improved over the past 3 months. We'll see. After a talk with my boss last night at the party, I may even reconsider Grad School & decide to stay where I'm at until I get my Master's. Time will tell.

I guess there's not really much of any excitement to tell. Things are busy, but pretty normal. All in all life is good and I'm enjoying it...other than the cold of course...I hate the cold! Have a great weekend everyone!

4 Comments:

At December 11, 2005 9:03 AM, Blogger EostreEgg said...

Just keep in mind that a rejection letter is better than silence. Living in suspense for months on end is no fun!

We missed you (and Sal) at the party! Your cookies were a big hit!

 
At December 11, 2005 6:56 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

Thanks! I missed all of you too! Glad to hear the cookies went over well.

 
At December 12, 2005 6:03 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'll take cookies over presents (as if I need them). Will be going to the parents on 12/27 - lemme know if you're gonna be around :)

 
At December 12, 2005 7:04 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

Don't know if I'll be around...I think I'm working that day. And you're presents are already bought & paid for...but you may get some cookies on top of what I've already gotten you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home